Friday, March 21, 2008

Please explain

Yesterday late afternoon I was driving home on the old Lac le Jeune highway. Before the big climb up toward McConnell Lake I saw a man and a young boy standing beside a truck which was pulled off to the side of the road. While I was watching the man pulled out a rifle and shot into the bushes. I couldn't believe my eyes! What on earth would he be shooting at? And why would he be using a rifle so close to trails and people? And is it even legal to shoot a rifle from the road? Good grief, I hope not!

I hit my brakes and looked back to see what was going on but was too far past the truck. At that moment 2 cyclists with huge spring-is-here smiles whizzed by and all I could think was watch out! That guy's got a gun!

I was too shocked and confused to think about taking down a license plate number. Sheesh, so much for a relaxing, scenic drive home on the old highway.

No comments: