Sunday, June 9, 2013

Time Lapse

Thanks to Steve Roy for passing along this information for our blog...

Watch Lac Le Jeune change over the course of nearly three decades of satellite photography. Here's how:

  1. Go to http://world.time.com/timelapse/  
  2. Click on "Explore The World" 
  3. Put in: Lac Le Jeune, BC 
  4. Use the slider to zoom in a little
You will see a satellite time lapse of the area showing the pine beetle kill & associated logging. If you click on the pause button (bottom left) it is possible to drag the pointer frame by frame.

1984

2012

7 comments:

georgi said...

Awesome Steve! I hafta post this for Logan Lake. :-)

Steve Roy said...

Check the area around Helmer lake and Bob Lake (SE of Logan Lake, S of LLJ) Much logging going on there.

georgi said...

Holy crap, eh? It's unbelievable how much logging has been going on in this area.

Geramy Powell said...

Explore the World doesnt show up anywhere on my screen. I am using a Mac but that shouldn't make a difference. Any thoughts?

Steve Roy said...

Should be below the animation/movie - to the right

Sylvia Currie said...

I read some comments elsewhere that it doesn't work on ipad. It might be browser related so you could try a different browser (I use Chrome on mac and I can see it).

A tip:
Wait until the movie on the main page stops playing. The final view shows a 'Explore the World' search box on the bottom right of the featured area.

Another tip:
Hit command-f then type 'explore' in the search field. It should highlight anywhere the word 'explore' appears on the page, then click on that highlight (even if you can't see the word)

I hope that makes sense!

Geramy Powell said...

I got it. I hadnt opened my screen wide enough and the Explore the workd wasnt being displayed.
thanks to all.